Make the Climate Crisis Personal by taking Action with Residents Organized for a Safe Environment (ROSE). Are you tired of waiting for federal and state politicians to take action on the climate crisis? Then you can act now and join us in planting trees to sequester carbon for the future of the planet and our children. This year instead of buying presents for your friends and families we ask you to consider donating a tree in their name. It is estimated that 20 million trees burned in California wildfires in 2018. Help us to replace these trees and others by joining our effort at National Forest Foundation https://50-million.everydayhero.com/us/make-the-climate-crisis-personal-plant-trees All donations are tax-deductible.
WHY ARE TREES SO IMPORTANT TO THE ENVIRONMENT?
1. Fossil fuels and deforestation are causing increasing levels of carbon dioxide. Trees absorb atmospheric carbon dioxide and reduce the effects of the climate change crisis.
2. By capturing rainwater, trees play a major role in reducing the risk of flooding and landslides.
3. Trees can reduce the overall temperature in cities by up to eight degrees Celsius by storing carbon dioxide in their trunks, branches, and leaves and releasing oxygen back into the atmosphere.
4. Trees provide shelter for animals and shade for people from the sun’s harsh rays.
5. Walking through a forest of trees allows reconnection with nature and the reduction of stress.
6. Trees support life on our planet. Trees are homes for hundreds of species of insects, fungi, moss, birds, and animals. Trees contain key ingredients for some of our life-saving medicines.
Thank you for taking action with us.
Gene and Joyce Stone, Residents Organized for a Safe Environment (ROSE)