This is a great motto unfortunately it doesn’t seem to be the NRC’s goal. Your goal seems to be to protect and serve the nuclear industry and to keep it going no matter what. NRC, your job is protecting people and the environment and this is what we demand of you. Now we find out from Sen Boxer that the NRC has been conducting a secret investigation as your new chairman talks about transparency. The NRC has lost the sacred public trust and no gov’t or agency has any authority over the people when that trust is lost. If you have any hope to restore that trust you must meet these 3 demands immediately.
2. We demand that the NRC put on hold any decision for restart of San Onofre until these conditions are met.
- A. NRC’s secret investigation is complete, and the results made public.
- B. CPUC completes the OII report.
- C. While both (NRC & CPUC) agencies work independently of each other and that is important, both agencies need to work on the same timeline for the good of Californians and our economy & safety.
3. We demand that a federal court make a determination to see if there has been any criminal wrongdoing by the NRC.
ROSE calls on Gov. Brown to replace Michael Peevey as president of the CPUC and demand that the CPUC move on with the OII report in a very timely fashion in conjunction with any action that maybe taken towards a restart of San Onofre by the NRC.
Finally Mr. Craver, stop the nuclear madness and permanently shutdown San Onofre and move SCE in the only true energy future and that is renewable energy.