The citizens of California understand nuclear power is the most costly and dangerous form of electricity. We now make it known that we choose to immediately close down the two nuclear power plants on fault lines. Avoiding catastrophes such as Fukushima Daiichi and Chernobyl are prohibitively expensive, and unachievable from a scientific standpoint. We propose the creation of a special fund of three dollars per month from every ratepayer in the state of California collected by each electric company in the state for the sole purpose to acquire and install in their area renewable energy resources.
This money is to be set aside in an interest-bearing account for the sole purpose of replacing the 4000 MW of electricity produced by our nuclear reactors. This fund will be used to replace the 4000 MW of nuclear power with solar and wind energy. We propose starting with City, County and State government buildings with appropriate flat roof buildings. These buildings will have solar panels added and buildings with asphalt shingles roofs will have solar shingles added. All solar and wind products must be made in the United States and all labor is to be done by United States citizens. Suggested labor costs are $20 an hour.
Next, we install solar panels and horizontal wind generation, where appropriate, on every commercial building, of which we have millions of square footage available in California. At the same time the money will be spent on ratepayer homes. Starting with low income households, adding solar panels or replacing existing roofs with solar shingles, until the 4000 nuclear MW have been replaced, and an additional 4000 MW for future needs with renewable sources for a total of 8000MW.
Since the ratepayers have already paid for these upgrades when the 8000 MW are accomplished, the true cost of electricity will be recalculated each year reducing costs to ratepayers. With ratepayers paying for the installation of renewables that will leave California Edison and PG&E free to upgrade the electric grid to the smart grid of the future resulting in a more efficient electric grid and savings for everyone.
The results will be:
1. Citizens putting citizens to work with the money generated from the $3 fee, providing stimulus for workers and the economy of California.
2. Reducing the cost of City, County and State governments as their energy needs are met, resulting in a savings to the taxpayer. No more billions of dollars spent each year on upgrading nuclear power plants. No need to spend 64 million dollars on another seismic study.
3. Future energy needs will be met by renewables, resulting in lower costs.
4. There will be no need to build large solar arrays in the desert causing environmental damage to that ecosystem.
5. As a result of building on flat roof commercial buildings there will be no need for new transmission lines from remote areas. We will be using existing lines, therefore saving money.
Residents Organized for a Safe Environment (ROSE)
- RT @grist: ALEC calls for penalties on "free rider" solar-panel users bit.ly/IHtMEG 3 hours ago
- "Teachers open the door, but you must enter by yourself." Chinese Proverb... fb.me/2wX3dlL3g 5 hours ago
- Being Here Now Do not lose yourself in the future. The past no longer is. The future has not yet come. Looking... fb.me/2wRj9vW1d 6 hours ago
- "An emotion is only an emotion. It’s just a small part of your whole being. You are much more than your emotion.... fb.me/2AHZlO702 6 hours ago
- fb.me/1GMtvfgEs 10 hours ago
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011